David Oscar Markus
Congratulations to the celebrated defense lawyer and distinguished law professor on this good news.
Bar exam results from around the country are beginning to trickle in and the results are far from encouraging. The results from July 2014 were the lowest in recent memory, but many had hoped that the drop would prove to be only an aberration. This does not appear to be the case.
So now the real question is: How much longer will law students continue to stick with the major bar review companies that can’t seem to get them to pass?
* Paul Clement is a beast, is basically what it comes down to. [The Daily Beast]
* This is probably the grossest, most pornographic employment discrimination/sexual harassment/defamation lawsuit I’ve seen. Maybe fans of 50 Shades of Grey (affiliate link) might find it compelling. The writing in the lawsuit is probably better… [Courthouse News]
* Predictive coding is good. Now it’s bad. Now it’s good. Make up your mind! [Law Technology News]
* A touching obituary about a first-year Reed Smith associate who recently took his own life. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
* Elie was on Fox News late last night (video embed after the jump). He brought the funny. The hosts of the show… not so much. They did bring the racist, though. [Red Eye]
* If you ever get in trouble for tweeting or blogging about jury duty, Davis Oscar Markus is the guy to call. [Miami Herald]
* LexisNexis recently unveiled its new, ginormous legal e-book library. It’s just like a normal law library, except you don’t have to ask the pesky law librarian for help. [LexisNexis]
(Embedded Elie, after the jump.)
Don’t watch nothing say him white. Him blacker than me and you. — Buju Banton, the celebrated reggae musician, speaking about his lawyer, David Oscar Markus — whom he called up to the stage and hugged at a recent concert. (Markus, who is also a legal blogger as well as a prominent criminal defense lawyer, […]