George Washington University
Faculty are unlikely allies in the textbook wars.
A law school embarrasses itself with a childish alcohol policy.
Besides their good looks and fame, they’re also increasing their focus on data security. In the wake of “Celebgate,” the Sony Pictures hack, and nearly daily data breaches targeting massive corporations to individuals, law firms are finally recognizing the importance of bringing their cybersecurity policies up to speed.
* George Washington University has been stripped of its U.S. News college ranking. The law school appears safe. [Tax Prof Blog]
* Now students can get in trouble for bullying their teachers. Teachers, people! TEACHERS CAN’T STAND UP TO THE MEAN SCHOOL KIDS WITHOUT A LAWSUIT. [The Volokh Conspiracy]
* Just to be clear, Antonin Scalia would not be on the side of the secessionists. [New York Personal Injury Law Blog]
* So the accuser of Kevin Clash, voice of Elmo, recanted and said that he was a consenting adult when he was with Clash. It’s great to know that Elmo is getting barely legal ass. [Huffington Post]
* FCPA! Guidance! This is WAY MORE INTERESTING than Petraeus and the Kelley sisters. [WSJ Law Blog]
* For those of you who saw Capturing the Friedmans, here’s an update on the ongoing proceedings. [WiseLawNY]