* Former Biglaw associate Tabber Benedict, whom we’ve mentioned before (in happier times), reportedly threw a lavish “going away” party — going away to prison, that is. [Daily Mail]
* Take your pick: is government an “impetuous vortex” or a “hideous monster [with] devouring jaws”? [Althouse]
* Some thoughts from Juan Haines, a current San Quentin inmate and jailhouse lawyer, on wrongful conviction. [Life of the Law]
* In defense of the weekly meeting. [What About Clients?]
* Prosecutors: above the (traffic) law? [UTSanDiego.com]
* And how about the U.S. Postal Service? [Felix Salmon]
* The furor over U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz and the late Aaron Swartz shows no sign of abating. [How Appealing]
* Speaking of technology law, how would you like to win $5,000? If so, check out this contest. [IT-Lex]
How does doing time in Biglaw compare to life behind bars? There are more similarities than you might think.
Can you tell the difference between actual CLE courses and ones we’ve just made up? Take our challenge and find out! Whatever the nature of your practice, our friends at Knowledge in Practice can help you navigate your options and find the CLE that works for you.