* Well, this is one way to deal with the Free the Nipple campaign: ban sideboob and underboob. And while you’re at it, legalize public boners because consistency is hard. Heh. [Vice]
* The Pope’s homelessness chops are on point. [What About Paris?]
* This is the absolute best way to troll prestige whores. [Daily Lawyer Tips]
* Is this the best recommendation letter ever? [Lawyers, Guns & Money]
* This is how bigamy cases go down in the world of Facebook. [Legal Juice]
* Using forensic evidence to document human rights abuses. [Pacific Standard]
* What’s going on with Janet Yellen? [Dealbreaker]
* Interesting to legal nerds (and maybe others). The Justice Department’s very influential Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) — the division that produced the torture memos, among other things — cranks out a lot of law professors. [Yale Journal on Regulation]
The admissions deans at Harvard and Michigan share their insights and advice on the law school application and admissions process.
AdmissionsDean helps prospective law students better get to know the Associate Dean of Admissions at New York University Law School, Kenneth Kleinrock.
Barack Obama, Biglaw, Law Firm Mergers, Law Professors, Law School Deans, Law Schools, Midsize Firms / Regional Firms, Morning Docket, Politics, Sandra Day O'Connor, SCOTUS, Supreme Court, William Rehnquist
* If President Obama could send a love note to California Attorney General Kamala Harris, it’d probably say something like this: “Girl, you look good. Won’t you back that ass up?” [ABC News]
* The fun things you learn during a Supreme Court justice’s book tour: apparently Sandra Day O’Connor dated William Rehnquist when they were at school together at Stanford Law. [Legal Times]
* When it comes to law firms, size really does matter. Quite a few midsize firms had the urge to merge in the first quarter of 2013, according to the latest Altman Weil survey. [Am Law Daily]
* In case you haven’t heard the news by now, NYU Law School has a new dean, and he was poached fresh from Columbia. The bonus here is that he’s actually pretty cute. We’ll have more on this story later today. [NYU Law News]
* Law faculties may be a tad too liberal, say some at Harvard Law School, which is basically a bastion of leftie law professors. Cut to Ted Cruz muttering about Commies under his breath. [USA Today]
* Here’s an obvious protip that may not be obvious to 0Ls: if you’re going to ask for a recommendation letter, you should probably make sure that it’s going to be a positive one. [U.S. News & World Report]
A disbarred lawyer asking for letters of support gets an unexpected — and very unhelpful — reply.