The Federalist Society Annual Dinner is basically one huge party. And no party would be complete without a rockin’ after party.
The Oscars have the Vanity Fair after-party; the Fed Soc dinner has the Harvard Law School after-party. And it’s supremely convenient. Unlike many after parties, which are held in obscure venues like underground bars or illegal clubs, the HLS Federalist Society party is held just across the hall from the ballroom hosting the dinner.
Like many non-HLS folk, we crashed the Harvard afterparty. Pictures from the raucous festivities, plus a few final photos from the dinner itself, appear after the jump.
16. Eric Kadel (OT 1998/Thomas), a newly minted Sullivan & Cromwell partner, and his wife, Heather; Elisebeth Collins Cook, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Office of Legal Policy; and Brett Gerry (OT 2000/Kennedy), Deputy Assistant Attorney General, National Security Division.
Kadel, Cook, and Gerry are all Silbermaniacs. (Hmm, Kadel, Cook & Gerry — sounds like a good name for a law firm.)
17. The O’Scannlain clan: Kevin and Dawn O’Scannlain; Kate O’Scannlain Johnson; Judge Diarmuid O’Scannlain and Mrs. Maura O’Scannlain; and Matthew Johnson (Kate’s husband, and a Senate Judiciary Committee staffer).
18. Robert Crea, a future law clerk to Judge John Noonan (9th Cir.); Kate O’Scannlain Johnson; Ryan Bounds, Chief of Staff, Office of Legal Policy (and Assistant Attorney General, Office of Sartorial Counsel); Matt Johnson; Mrs. Maura N. O’Scannlain.
19. The ballroom of the Marriott Wardman Park, after the Federalists have done their worst.
20. Emily Schleicher, a future law clerk to Judge Andrew Kleinfeld (9th Cir.), and John Sauer (OT 2005/Scalia).
21. David Lat; Jennifer Goldstein, Office of Legal Policy; and Daniel Sullivan, current president of the Harvard Federalist Society (and a future law clerk to Judge Edith Jones — who, by the way, brakes for small animals).
(We went to the same high school as Sullivan. Small world!)
Earlier: ATL Party Crash: The Federalist Society Annual Dinner (Part 1)
ATL Party Crash: The Federalist Society Annual Dinner (Part 2)