According to the more than 1,000 responses we received to this week’s Career Center survey, 65% of respondents took the Fourth of July holiday off to celebrate their freedom or something like that. That’s a huge jump from the 27% of respondents who reported not working on Presidents’ Day, and the 34% of respondents who reported not working on MLK Day.
For the unlucky 35% of respondents who reported working on Independence Day, what were the top reasons given for missing out on the festivities?
- 54% said that nobody specifically asked them to do work, but they had work they needed to get done.
- 29% said a partner or associate asked them to do work.
- 14% said a client asked them to do work.
- 9% said they needed the hours.
- 5% said everyone else in their office was working.
- 5% said that Independence Day is not recognized as an official firm holiday.
Now let’s look at some firm-specific data….