Okay, we were really late with the May Lawyer of the Month reader poll. But that was in part because the May candidates were quite dull.
There is nothing dull about the June Lawyer of the Month candidates. I count two candidates who would be runaway winners if they didn’t have to face each other, and two other candidates that would be darkhorse choices to win in any other month.
The scandalous allegations about the June candidates put the sizzle in summer. And no, I don’t know why I wrote that sentence as if I were writing ad copy for Applebee’s…
Let’s look at June’s candidates in alphabetical order. Honestly, the first person out of the gate is the favorite, but I don’t think she’s a lock to win this thing.
- Reema Bajaj. If you are a 25-year-old lawyer who stands accused of prostitution, you’re going to be a strong candidate for Lawyer of the Month. If one of your alleged johns sends in full-frontal nude photos of a woman who appears to be you, causing Lat to coin the term “Bajayjay,” you get installed as the favorite in the contest.
- Moshe Gerstein. Yes, June’s Lawyer of the Month contest features an alleged prostitute going up against a man accused of hoarding violent child pornography. A dead man. Now so far, deceased people have done very well in our Lawyer of the Month polls. But we have no idea if the postmortem polling bump can survive allegations of child porn possession.
- Ronald Clarke Mattson. There is no sex involved with this candidate. He is just a man. A man who hates people who can’t park. A vigilante who will vandalize your automobile if it is poorly parked. A lawyer who fights for all of us.
- Thomas M. Melsheimer. He’s the head of Fish & Richardson’s Dallas office. Which alone is not impressive enough to be in this august company. He’s Mark Cuban’s lawyer; more interesting, but still not enough to be a nominee. But as far as we can tell, he was the lawyer who came up with the idea of the Eff You Motion to Dismiss, which used a photo of the Dallas Mavericks’ NBA Championship ceremony as evidence of the team’s excellent management. And that’s just brilliant.
Participate in the poll below as we seek to crown the June Lawyer of the Month.
Who is June's Lawyer of the Month?
- Thomas M. Melsheimer (47%, 244 Votes)
- Reema Bajaj (44%, 229 Votes)
- Ronald Clarke Mattson (6%, 31 Votes)
- Moshe Gerstein (3%, 20 Votes)
Total Voters: 524
Earlier: It’s Hard Out Here For… A Lawyer Accused of Prostitution
All Rise! Reema Bajaj’s Bajayjay Is Now In Session
Lawyer of the Day: Gibson Dunn Associate Hit With Child Porn Charges
Alleged Gibson Dunn Child Porn Possessor Found Dead
Lawyer of the Day: What Kind Of Man Allegedly Messes With Another Man’s Vehicle?
Lawsuit of the Day: An ‘Eff You’ Motion to Dismiss