The month of August brought us a slew of disasters, both natural and otherwise. At the end of the month, we faced off against the Great D.C. Earthquake of 2011. Shortly thereafter, we got slammed by Hurricane Irene.
But August wasn’t just about natural disasters — there were plenty of man-made disasters to deal with in the legal world. From the egomaniacs to the technologically-impaired, August was full of candidates for our Lawyer of the Month competition….
- Gregory Berry: We’ve had many Lawsuits of the Day, but few can top a $77 million suit against your former Biglaw firm. Unfortunately, Kasowitz Benson was unable to accommodate Greg Berry’s “superior legal mind,” so he was canned.
- Paul Campos: Formerly known as LawProf, this tenured, top-tier law professor joined the ranks of law school scambloggers, copping to the atrocities of our country’s legal education. At least he has the balls to admit it.
- Douglas Rathe: This defense lawyer got a little too up close and personal with a witness who happened to be his masseuse, but there was allegedly no sex involved. Not all endings are happy; some of them climax in mistrials.
- MoFo’s Reply All Partner: Next time you respond to an email, perhaps you should CHECK YOU REPLY ALL, to avoid dissing your firm to 1,000-plus attorneys.
- Judge Sam Sparks: Sometimes lawyers behave like imbeciles. Sometimes lawyers behave like children. This benchslap king knows it, and has made it his mission to light a fire under their asses.
Please vote in the poll below. Voting will end on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, at 11:59 PM (Eastern time).
Who should be August's Lawyer of the Month?
- Judge Sam Sparks (33%, 126 Votes)
- Gregory Berry (30%, 116 Votes)
- Paul Campos (24%, 90 Votes)
- MoFo's Reply All Partner (9%, 36 Votes)
- Douglas Rathe (4%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 382
Earlier: Lawsuit of the Day: Ex-Kasowitz Associate With ‘Superior Legal Mind’ Sues the Firm for $77 Million
A Tenured Top-Tier Law Professor Joins the Ranks of the ‘Scambloggers’
Mistrial in Massage Parlor Prosecution After Masseuse Recognizes Defense Lawyer — as a Client….
MoFo Partner Offers Cautionary Tale in Use of ‘Reply All’
Benchslap of the Day: Sparks Fly When Judge Calls Lawyer ‘Incompetent’
Benchslap of the Day: Judge Sparks Burns More Attorneys