August seemed like it was a relatively lazy month for lawyers. Nobody did anything too crazy — except, of course, for our Lawyer of the Month nominees. As usual, we’ve got some pretty interesting characters in our line up for the honored and revered title.
Which attorney allegedly got a blow job from a client in the county jail? Which judge allegedly drew a bull’s-eye on an attorney’s picture and displayed it in his courtroom? And which attorney allegedly tried to extort jewels and riches from her former flame, a lawyerly Lothario?
Take a look at our nominees for August’s Lawyer of the Month and find out….
Here are your choices, along with a description of each nominee’s alleged conduct. As always, the criteria for Lawyer of the Month are whatever you guys think the criteria should be.
- Curtis Cannon: This fellow stands accused not of offering client service, but of being serviced by a client, instead. Cannon reportedly gave his client a high five while she was doing the deed. His excuse for his alleged behavior? He apparently hadn’t had sex with his wife in 14 years. Poor guy.
- Sasha Intriago: This lovely lawyerly lady allegedly took some extremely inappropriate action when her illicit relationship with a fellow attorney ended — she came up with a harebrained extortion scheme in exchange for not telling his wife about his extramarital philandering. Ahh, romance in Jersey.
- Justice Arthur Schack: This Brooklyn Supreme Court judge has been accused of some pretty untoward actions, namely, drawing a bull’s-eye on a Cozen O’Connor partner’s picture and displaying these “Wanted” posters all over his courtroom. Hope this won’t be a kill shot for his career.
- Judge Vincent Sgueglia: This gun-toting jurist accidentally discharged a revolver while sitting in his chambers during a break in court proceedings. Don’t worry, he had a conceal-carry permit… one that he approved all by himself. Silly, judge, that’s not allowed. Needless to say, he’s retiring.
Please vote in the poll below. Voting will end on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, at 11:59 PM (Eastern time).
Who should be August's Lawyer of the Month?
- Curtis Cannon (41%, 93 Votes)
- Judge Vincent Sgueglia (34%, 76 Votes)
- Justice Arthur Schack (15%, 34 Votes)
- Sasha Intriago (10%, 22 Votes)
Total Voters: 225
Earlier: Las Vegas Defense Attorney Busted for Allegedly Busting a Nut — in Jailed Client’s Mouth
New Jersey Attorney Accused of Extorting Cash and Jewels From Lawyer She Was Having an Affair With
Cozen Partner Claims Judge Called Him a ‘Piece of Sh*t,’ Put ‘Wanted’ Posters of His Face With a Bull’s-Eye in Courtroom
Judge of the Day: This Is What You Call a ‘Lack of Good Judgment’