Maybe claiming undue hardship isn’t as impossible as it seems, if you truly have no hope…
A New Jersey attorney has been accused of trying to extort her married ex-lover — another attorney. What a hot mess…
Law students are the worst. What was this guy trying to hide?
What are the top law schools in Canada, and how much do they cost? Hint: a lot less than U.S. law schools.
How does your romanticized impression of legal practice diverge from reality?
People are finally realizing that it’s not a very good time to go to law school.
Former classmates, teachers, and students of Dan Markel remember this late, great law professor.
Turns out, people DO want to go to law school — if it’s cheap.
* From Big Government to Biglaw: Our congratulations go out to Benjamin Horwich, most recently of the Office of the Solicitor General at the U.S. Department of Justice, as he joins Munger Tolles & Olson as counsel. Nice work. [Munger Tolles & Olson]
* The number of law school applicants took a nose dive for the fourth year in a row, this time by 8 percent, summarily crushing the hopes and dreams of law deans praying for a change of their otherwise most dismal fortunes. [National Law Journal]
* Considering the latest slump in applicants, whether a law school evaluates your average LSAT score or highest LSAT score matters little. Admissions officers will jump for joy that you have a pulse. [Law Admissions Lowdown / U.S. News]
* “You don’t have to convict on every count to have a win.” Azamat Tazhayakov, friend of accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was convicted of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct justice. [Bloomberg]
* Per documents filed by a lawyer appointed to represent Philip Seymour Hoffman’s children, the actor didn’t set aside money for them because he didn’t want them to become “trust fund kids.” [New York Post]
What do friends and former colleagues of Professor Dan Markel have to say about him?
“I believe that I will be going on His dime, 100% debt-free.” Good luck with that.
What do we know — and what do we not know — about Professor Dan Markel’s terrible and tragic death?