* “Save me from the nothing I’ve become. (Bring me to life.) I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside. (Bring me to life.)” — Legal Job Market. [The Atlantic]
* “They see me rollin’. They hatin’. Patrolling, they tryin’ to catch me ridin’ dirty.” — The State of Virgina. [Salon]
* “I think I’ll find another way. There’s so much more to know. I guess I’ll die another day. It’s not my time to go.” — Estate Tax dodgers. [Forbes via Tax Prof Blog]
* “What I’ve felt, What I’ve known, Never shined through in what I’ve shown, Never free, Never me, So I dub thee unforgiven.” — Casey Anthony. [Michigan Bankruptcy Blog]
* “It’s an eminence front. It’s an eminence front – It’s a put-on. It’s a put-on… Come and join the party, Dress to kill. Won’t you come and join the party? Dress to kill.” — Department of Justice. [Opinio Juris]
* “I heard that you were talking s**t, And you didn’t think that I would hear it. People hear you talking like that, getting everybody fired up. So I’m ready to attack, gonna lead the pack. Gonna get a touchdown, gonna take you out.” — Cyberbullying law opponents. [ABA Journal]
ATL Academy For Private Practice Volume 1 – Getting Started offers a mix of deeply informed, sometimes contrarian, but always thoughtful insight into meeting the challenges of starting and optimizing your own practice. Click here to download.
We all knew it would come to this eventually. The legal profession — once reserved for studious minds who diligently ponder the most complex moral, ethical, and legal issues of the day — has been reduced to a collection of short-order cooks, who whip up documents instead of eggs and toast. Actually, that change probably […]