The average bonus at Susman Godfrey exceeded the top of the Cravath scale.
* Is Apple Music an antitrust violation, a second-rate streaming music provider, or both. Probably both. [Dorf on Law]
* Landmark cases reimagined as movie posters. [Res Ipsa Law Poster]
* If you missed it, here’s the New York Times Editorial about the “Activist Roberts Court” that everyone was talking about over the weekend. [New York Times]
* In her defense, Sarah Palin may not be the dumbest person from Wasilla. [Legal Juice]
* In the wake of Obergefell, will some holdout religious schools lose their tax-exempt status? [Tax Prof Blog]
* Susman Godfrey’s Steve Susman chats with Richard Hsu about distance cycling. [Hsu Untied]
In just a couple of hours, you can learn how to approach your essays with much more confidence and be much better prepared to pass the bar exam. Professor Marino’s famous Essay Method has successfully helped thousands of bar takers and it can work for you, too! Click here to learn more about getting extra points on your […]
* Forget playing with Wade. LeBron took his talents to South Beach to avoid tons of state taxes. [The Legal Blitz]
* Steve Susman of Susman Godfrey just completed the 180-mile trek from Houston to Austin by bike. Susman took part in this MS fundraiser with his grown kids and 35 other Susman Godfrey team members. Kudos. [National MS Society]
* The Obama administration is entering a showdown over its use of the “state secrets” privilege. The government is concerned that if it cannot shield “no-fly list” paperwork, it might chill their frank discussion of racial profiling. [Politico]
* A new in-house tool to replace outside counsel? Sure it may be cheaper, but can a computer get you playoff tickets? [Associate’s Mind]
* Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg’s new book, Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead (affiliate link), received a good deal of praise, but her model of “trickle-down feminism” is a tad suspect. [JDs Rising / Minnesota Lawyer]
* We have a follow-up to the earlier Nevada benchslap. Now we have video of the judge handing out contempt charges for no reason. Wow. That’s some hardcore abused discretion. [Las Vegas Law Blog]
* Remember the L.A. Law puppets video from a couple weeks ago? Well, it’s now a series. Watch Episode 1 after the jump….