Last week, we covered the firms that are (and are not) coming to UVA Law School for On-grounds Recruiting. Further down the U.S. News Law School Rankings list, the news looks even worse.
A source from George Washington Law School reports that things are not looking great for fall recruiting at GW:
The cancellation list at GW just gets longer each day…
DPW still has GW on its own (brand-new) website, but apparently they’re not coming anymore. Can’t blame them, no need to reach down into the 30s in this economy and the folks at top law schools are vying for a firm job already. No surprise that DLA and Orrick pulled out, they probably don’t need any more attorneys on payroll as it is.
You’ll remember that GW law students were already apoplectic about the school’s precipitous drop in the U.S. News rankings. At the time, we wrote:
It’s too early to tell if the rankings drop will result in a sudden and dramatic change to Dean Lawrence’s job security. Does one magazine really hold such power?
After the jump, let’s take a look at the list of cancellations at GW.
According to our sources, here is the GW OCI cancellation list:
* Taft, Stettinius & Hollister (Cincinnati, OH) – switched to FRP Resume Collection
* DLA Piper US LLP (Washington, DC) – switched to FRP Resume Collection
* Dow Lohnes PLLC (Washington, DC) – switched to FRP Resume Collection
* Davis Polk & Wardwell (New York, NY) – switched to FRP Resume Collection
* Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP (Washington, DC) – receiving direct writes only
* U.S. Government Accountability Office (Washington, DC)
* Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP (Washington, DC)
* Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP (Philadelphia, PA) – switched to FRP Resume Collection
A dismayed tipster highlights this cancellation:
[E]ven the Government Accountability Office has decided that it can’t afford to do a round of interviews at a local school…now, that is sad.
We hear that it is like this all over. Keep sending in your tips about which firms are avoiding OCI, and which rising 2Ls should be panicking.
Earlier: On-Campus Interviewing at UVA: Hunton In, Cravath Out
Open Thread: 2010 U.S. News Law School Rankings (17 – 28)