LawMeets® provides practical learning for law students and
recent law graduates. The creator of the National Transactional LawMeet® and the National IP LawMeet®,
LawMeets® provides aspiring lawyers with practical, realistic, hands-on learning
experiences and the opportunity to learn from and interact with experts.
Get the practical knowledge and experience to excel. www.LawMeets.com
J.D. = Just Debt? J.D. = Junk Degree? J.D. = Job Disabled?
Not all law schools in the Top 14 are on this list. Why?
If you’re considering law school because you think you have no other options, think again.
* When it comes to bans on same-sex marriage, for Justice Anthony Kennedy, animus is a “doctrinal silver bullet” — the fact that there was no animus involved in the enactment of many of them may be problematic at the high court. [New York Times]
* Relying on some obscure Supreme Court precedent, the Fifth Circuit saved Mississippi’s lone abortion clinic after striking down as unconstitutional a state law that would have required doctors to have hospital admitting privileges. [National Law Journal]
* Given the situation over at Bingham McCutchen, people are starting to wonder about whether all the guaranteed contracts to members of merger partner McKee Nelson’s partnership helped to shape the firm’s current financial plight. [Am Law Daily]
* Hot on the heels of Cooley Law canceling its first-year class at Ann Arbor and announcing tentative plans to close the campus, the ABA approved the school’s affiliation with Western Michigan. Yay? [MLive.com]
* Here’s one way to become a lawyer without racking up massive amounts of debt: you could try to “read” the law like Abraham Lincoln, and work as a law firm apprentice. That sounds delightful. [New York Times]
It’s fine to say farewell to law, but look before you leap by doing some research.
How does law student satisfaction compare with the broader population?
Who Has Two Thumbs And Thinks The Judicial System Is Out To Get Him? This Professor!
How Harvard encourages summers to not burn bridges.
Will Cooley Law be one of the first schools to succumb to the pressures of the new normal?
A police report and recent news stories contain additional information about the murder of Professor Dan Markel.