Maybe claiming undue hardship isn’t as impossible as it seems, if you truly have no hope…
A New Jersey attorney has been accused of trying to extort her married ex-lover — another attorney. What a hot mess…
CLE credits and a free after-party? You know you want to come!
Do you have something to say about your law school’s U.S. News ranking? This is the place to do it!
* The Coalition for Court Transparency sent a letter to Chief Justice John Roberts, pleading that he allow cameras in the courtroom. Not sure how well this will go over, thanks to last month’s oral arguments interruption by a protestor. [Legal Times]
* Hot on the heels of the news that the firm posted its worst financial performance in six years, Bingham McCutcheon is leaking laterals. Morgan Lewis just poached four lawyers across three cities right out from under the firm’s nose. [Am Law Daily]
* Now that the U.S. News 2015 Law School Rankings are out, here’s Kyle McEntee of Law School Transparency to tell you what’s wrong with them, particularly, that not every school is the “best.” [Law.com]
* If you were a law school dean, we sincerely hope you’d just live with the consequences of an enrollment decline instead of lowering your admission standards to put more asses in seats. [National Law Journal]
* Nancy Grace must defend herself against a defamation suit filed by Michael Skakel. It’s almost fitting that she’d get sued over talking about someone allegedly masturbating in a tree. [Hollywood Reporter]
Bow down before your rankings idols and pray that your school fared well.
You might be going to law school with a porn star in a few years.
Everyone’s favorite time of year is so very close. Let’s take a look at the Top 10 law schools in the nation!
Which law school should this 0L go to?
Students at one top-tier law school have described what they’re expected to pay as jaw-droppingly “insane”…
Maybe the answer is not so much about making “practice ready” students, but making “practice ready” professors.